12 November 2008

Blogging after 2006

Since I've returned from Italy, I've realized that people still come across this blog and I am happy to see folks reading my work here.

Since 2007 I have been blogging some where else. You can follow my pieces on many different topics related to Italian and Italian American culture at: http://www.i-italy.org/bloggers/raccogli-e-passa. The larger website, i-italy.org may be of interest to you as well.



Blogger robert said...

Ciao Laura,
My name is Robert Schneider. My grandfather was Donato Ruberto from Cairano. He lived in Atlantic City, NJ for many years after arriving in Philadelphia.

I visited Cairano two times in 1975 when I was a student living in Italy. I see things have improved quite a bit since then. That is nice to see. Hopefully, I can find some of the old photographs I took back then.
I would imagine we are related in some way. I will try to figure that out when I talk to my mom and aunt this week-end. I do need to write down this time the names of my grandfather's siblings.
Thanks for your blog.

8:28 PM  
Blogger LER said...

Hi Robert, Thanks for writing. Yes, I believe we are related. Feel free to write me at lruberto@peralta.edu
-It would be great to see your photos of Cairano in the 1970s.
thanks, Laura

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home